A weekly podcast from Eamezey playing an eclectic mix of music and mashups from here, there and everywhere.

Tuesday, 15 April 2008

Special: The Journey of Electro (Part 1)

I fancied doing something different this week, I was going to do a special of just a particular genre of music, electro, but as I was compiling it, I had the idea of doing it as a documentary – so here it is: ‘The Journey of Electro’. This is Part One, charting 1970-1989.


To download this weeks' edition in MP3, click this: The Electro Story (Right Click, Save Target As)

To subscribe to my podcast, click this: Subscribe

To join the Facebook group, click this: Facebook

If you want to request a song of any kind, or would like a shoutout on the next show, email me at tom_eames@hotmail.com

Plus, if you are a podcast or mashup maker yourself, gimme a shout as i'd love to play your promo/mix.

Please leave a comment, let me know what you think of the show

Tracklisting:

Wendy Carlos – Theme from A Clockwork Orange
Kraftwerk – Autobahn
Donna Summer – I Feel Love
The Normal – Warm Leatherette
Gary Numan – Are Friends Electric?
John Foxx – Underpass
Visage – Fade to Grey
Ultravox – Vienna
Human League – Don’t You Want Me
Soft Cell – Tainted Love
Duran Duran – Planet Earth
Tears for Fears – Mad World
Eurythmics – Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
New Order – Blue Monday
Frankie Goes to Hollywood – Relax
Herbie Hancock – Rockit
Afrika Bambaataa – Planet Rock
Paul Hardcastle – 19
Pet Shop Boys – West End Girls
Erasure – Sometimes
Depeche Mode – Personal Jesus

2 comments:

HaLo said...

awesome list of tracks..i like this alot ....look foward to pt 2

I'm Butch said...

Sorry, just now catching up. Anyway, you rule. Just saying.